Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Forgive


Don’t ever think you must invite your enemy over for dinner. One can forgive the person without having to become buddies. I learned that lesson many years ago when I was having a very difficult time forgiving someone. The intensity of my anger was poisoning me, and I felt sick all the time. Then a friend of mine, who is loving and Christian in her kindness, told me I didn't have to invite this person over for dinner or ever see this person again. I just had to hand over the anger to God and find peace in my heart. I thought about this for several days and then I let go. I have never looked back. I am so thankful to this individual who taught me a very important lesson. I had been raised to believe that forgiving meant I had to allow this person into my life. When my friend mentioned that one can forgive but not invite, I felt such relief as though a huge weight had been lifted. Now, I find it easy to forgive, for who am I to judge. I leave judgment to God and I brush the dirt off my sandal and move on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the cause behind the feeling of anger is that some people aren't happy until they get back at that person. It gives them a sense of security. Very good advice. It's God's job to judge. My family has always said to "send it upstairs" and that's sometimes easier said than done.

Natala Orobello said...

You're right, it is easier said than done, but it sure helps the soul.