Thursday, January 2, 2014

Love Till Your Cup Runneth Over

Sometimes we are afraid to love because we think we will get hurt, and that's very true. That can happen; however, when we hold back we may also be missing out on the best experience of our lives. It's important to know what the word love entails. Understanding that love means respect, trust, loyalty, honor, and honesty avails us with the proper tools for a solid relationship. Love does not mean one should settle; instead, it means one should find a person with those qualities that are admirable such as love of family, spiritual wellness, emotional well being, etc.
When I was nineteen years old, I was engaged to a young man who I thought was wonderful. Yet, three months before our wedding date, he hit me. I calmly asked him to take me home and then cancelled the wedding plans the following day. I never saw him again.
Several months later, I met the man I am now married to. We have been married for many wonderful years. Of course there have been ups and downs, good days and bad, but we have shared those very important qualities I mentioned before. Another very important element in a loving relationship is communication. Without it, one can kiss the relationship good-bye.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes it is true that love means respect loyalty, trust, and honor, but it is so hard to love again when you came from a relationship lacking all of those important quality. The cause people are afraid to love is because they have been hurt so bad and they don't know if they can ever trust another man or woman with their heart. the effect of this is that, that person will put their guard up to protect themselves and they wont let another person in.

Natala Orobello said...

I understand where you're coming from, but one must let it go and have faith.