Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Punctuality


Be punctual because it shows respect for those who are expecting you. I am always on time. Everyone in my family arrives to an event on time. I am on time at work, for an appointment, for a meeting with friends or family, etc. This is what I was raised to do. I was taught that tardiness showed disrespect. Sometimes I am amazed at how late my students show up to class. I had to make a rule that my door will be locked five minutes after the beginning of class. A few of my friends think it's nothing to arrive five or ten minutes late for lunch date or sometimes they don't come at all. The excuses run from, "Oh my gosh, I totally forgot," to "I was running late all  morning long. So sorry but I'm so busy." I too am sorry but this behavior is rude and disrespectful. Remember, "do unto others as you would have them do unto you?" Well, if we want our friends, family members, clients, teachers to respect us, then we better start by showing up on time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a difficult time(no pun intended) with being on time. Usually, my day gets away from me. Cooking, cleaning, washing, and taking care of my family gets in the way. I try to be on time for my appointments but I rarely am.

Natala said...

It's true that life happens and we can be late, but we can make changes if we really want to. One has to want to change before one can change. There are so many ways to be punctual like planning to end a chore an hour before the appointment, setting the alarm on the clock, so it really wakes you up, making sure the car is working properly by changing the oil, getting gas, etc. before a problem occurs. We can make excuses till we're blue in the face, but change takes initiative and perseverance.

Natala Orobello said...

It sounds like you have a lot on your hands. In that case, it's usually a matter or better organization and staying up later at night to accomplish some of the tasks that will need to be done in the morning.

Natala Orobello said...

I agree with you one hundred percent.