Sunday, January 19, 2014

Take Pride in the Way you Look

Take pride in the way you look. I admit there were times when I left the house looking like I just rolled out of bed, but I did try to remember the lesson my fifth grade teacher taught us. I remember she stopped teaching us our spelling lesson because of a young girl who walked in class dishevelled and unkempt. When the young girl sat down, our teacher told us that everyone had a bar of soap and water, so we could at least come to school clean even if we didn't have stylish clothes. She taught us to take pride in the way we looked and that people would often judge us by our appearance. I realize she lacked tact and that we should not judge people by their appearance, yet whether we like it or not, we are judged by the way we look. I don't know if the parents of that young girl were talked to, but she came to class clean and well groomed from then on. It was a good lesson  for all of us. 

No comments: