Thursday, August 7, 2014

Chicken With Wine


My main focus for a traditional recipe, one that will be repeated over and over again has to be comfort. I am not one to concentrate on how beautiful a meal will look but how wonderful it will feel going down and how comfy my tummy feels after I have eaten it. If the meal doesn’t pass this test, then it’s once and over. For me and my husband, this is a comfort food. Maybe it’s the white wine.

Ingredients:
8 pieces legs and thighs
2 tbs. olive oil
1 onion chopped
2 tbs. flour
¼ cup white wine (good drinking wine)
1 can tomato sauce – optional – can substitute with 1 cup chicken broth instead.
8 medium size mushrooms – sliced

In deep pot, place olive oil and chopped onion. Braise till translucent. Add chicken and brown on all sides on medium heat. Sprinkle flour and toss about so chicken is covered. Add sauce or chicken stock to pot as well as mushrooms. You may also include chopped carrots. Simmer for one hour till chicken is very tender and cleanly falls off bone. Serve with noodles or rice. Enjoy with the remainder of white wine.


No comments: