Monday, October 20, 2014

Set time aside for things you like to do


How often have you said, “I would love to have time for…”? I bet you’ve said it many times in your life, and yet you have never found the time to sew that dress, knit that scarf, paint that masterpiece, or create_____. You fill in the blank. I’m here to tell you that you will never find the time unless you make the time!

There are twenty-four hours in a day. Everyone has the same number of hours, yet some people manage to do it all and some barely do anything. Why? I’m not sure, but I can speak for myself. I found that I can stretch my day only so much, but what I can do is schedule my days, so I accomplish what needs to be accomplished and still save some time to do some things that are fun, like writing this blog or walking my dog after dinner. How do I do that? I plan.

I know I can’t write for my blog every single day of the week, and I know I can’t write very long posts, so I write five days a week and write short posts. I love taking my dog for a walk after dinner, but we don’t walk for miles; instead, we walk about one mile. We’re together, he’s happy, and I feel good about spending time with him.

We don’t have to dedicate hours on our hobbies. There’ll be plenty of time when we retire, but for the time being, we can still spend some time having fun doing something we absolutely love. Don’t deny yourself the pleasure. Get as much as you need to get done, and then take a breather and start that masterpiece.© Natala Orobello

No comments: