Monday, January 5, 2015

A New Year Does not have to mean a New You!


Every year, I make resolutions to be better, look better, act better, etc. etc. etc. I'm sixty + years old, I think this year I'm going to be me and to hell with trying so hard to be better blah, blah, blah.

This morning I was having a difficult time with the copy machine and a well meaning individual saw my unhappy face (I was actually smiling, so I really don't know what she saw), and she said, "well at least we have food on the table, and clothes to wear, and a roof over our head." True, but that doesn't mean I can't get pissed off at life's daily difficulties.

I drive twenty miles a day to work and then back and in that time, I count my many blessings. Why shouldn't I get upset if things don't go well? That's me and I get upset at little things sometimes!! So, this year I am going to continue being who I am and appreciate the person God made, so there goes trying to be better and act better.

As far as looking better, I'm tired of that too. I exercise, eat pretty nutritious foods, have a glass or two of wine a night, and don't smoke. I am not overweight and don't do drugs. I shower and wash my hair everyday, so I smell pretty good and am not offensive to be around. That's good enough.

© Natala Orobello

No comments: