Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Italian Breakfast


I was very surprised to learn that most Italians eat very light for breakfast. Though I was born in Italy, my family migrated to the U.S. when I was only seven, so most of my life has been American, kinda.
It did not take us long to enjoy eggs, toast, and bacon. Yet, our usual meal was soft boiled egg with Italian bread cut in finger long sections for dipping.
When my husband and I visited Italy many years ago, my sister (who remained in Italy) served toast, Nutella, and espresso for breakfast. I loved it. When we returned to the states, I immediately bought Nutella and spread it on everything. I am NEVER without it. One day, she served us Panetone toasted to perfection with an unadulterated latte, simple espresso with milk.
I have made some changes to the Panetone breakfast that I have a feeling many people will enjoy.

Ingredients:
Panetone - sliced thick and long
Peanut butter
Banana

Directions:
Toast one slice per person
Spread peanut butter
Add sliced banana on top
That's it! Easy, fast, and absolutely delicious.
© Natala Orobello

No comments: