Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Chicken Marsala Alla Michael



Honestly, I think this is the best Chicken Marsala I have ever tasted. Michael made it for me last Tuesday and I asked him to make it again this past Sunday. We invited guests because we wanted to share the experience. I literally savored each peace I put in my mouth. The chicken is tender, the mushrooms crisp yet cooked, the gravy sweet and buttery.

Ingredients:
4 tbs. butter or margarine
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts sliced thin and pounded
½ small red onion (soaked and chopped)
½ lb. white button mushrooms, sliced
¼ cup dry marsala
½ cup flour
Salt & pepper
½ chicken stock
1 teaspoon lemon juice

Directions:
Dust sliced and thinned chicken breast in ½ cup flour which has been flavored with salt and pepper. In skillet add butter or marjorine; when heated, add chicken and sauté till lightly browned. Remove chicken from pan. Place the mushrooms and red onion (chopped) in skillet and cook till tender, add marsala and bring gravy to a boil – scrape the pan and combine within gravy. Add chicken stock and lemon juice. Return chicken to the pan and cook for at least ten more minutes.
You may serve with buttered egg noodles, rice, or penne.
© Natala Orobello

No comments: