Monday, March 30, 2015

I Wish I Were

As a woman, I wish I were more like a man - simple & uncomplicated. Men are up front and focused at one task at a time. When they are working, they are totally concentrating on work, not on how their actions may be affecting those around them. Women seem to focus on their work but also on everythign else that is going around. We are known to multi-task and do it well. Don't take my word for it, take a look at the men around you, whether at work or at home.

Why am I bringing this up? Because, in sixty plus years, I have noticed that give a man a job and he will probably do it well to the detriment of anyone around him. As bosses, most of them see the "light"dollar signs at the end of the tunnel and travel in darkness until they reach the end. I have had many male bosses in my life and not one of them considered what they were doing to the employees and their morale. The almighty dollar was the goal and usually for their benefit not the employees. Women bosses tended to create a more family atmosphere and were more inclusive with decision making and profit.

I know I am generalizing based on only my experience, but this is after all my blog. Most of all of the information is based on my experience, so you can agree with me or disagree. That's what I want. Your opinion. If you can tell me otherwise, I am open to your input. I strive to be simple and uncomplicated, but I assure you the struggle is severe, for after all, I am a woman.
 © Natala Orobello

No comments: