Monday, April 13, 2015

Phone call to God


Ok, those of you who have been reading my blog know I am sometimes all over the place with posts. I'm trying to improve, somewhat. Anyway, last week I was praying in the car on my way to work. I realized I looked pretty odd talking to myself. I've always thought about what other people think, always. It's one of those on my list to fix. Well, I decided to place a call to God. Really, I did. Here's how our conversation went.

"Hello, God?"
"Who's this?"
"Oh, you can't fool me. You know who this is. Do you have time to talk?"
"Well Natala, to tell you the truth, I'm very busy."
"I know, I can imagine, what with all the chaos going on down here, but I really need to talk to YOU."
"Ok, ok, what's the problem?"
Here's when I tell Him about all my issues, starting with my friends, husband, family, etc. etc. etc.
"I really wish you could make them change."
"What about you changing?"
"Me? What's wrong with me? I'm the one that's trying."
"Is that true. I can think of some areas where you might improve."
"You're not helping at all. I called you so you could assure me, I'm fine and they're not."
"It doesn't work that way."
"How does it work?"
"Think about how you might be able to show you love each of those individuals even if they may not show you all the time how much they care about you."
"Yeah, that's all well and good, but how do I get them to care a little more?"
"By caring a little more yourself."
"We're going in circles aren't we?"
"If you say so."
"Ok, I'll think about all of this, and I'll call you on Monday."
"Sounds good. And, Natala, I love you."
"I love you too, God."

I know what you're going to say, "you were still talking to yourself." True, I might have been, but I felt a thousand times better when I hung up.© Natala Orobello

No comments: