Thursday, December 1, 2016

I Don't Understand


I am aghast of people who live in ignorance of a reality based on nothing more than opinion. These individuals do not follow up on statements made or on what the media says. They believe hook, line, and sinker.

These are the individuals who voted for Trump. They rarely double checked his statements, his accusations, or his bombastic remarks. They bought his "truths" because his "truths" are their truths. They believe in white power. They believe in the power of men and the submission of women, whom they regard as sexual entities worthy only of locker room talk.

Today, December 1, 2016, he saved one thousand jobs for the United States and he is thought of as a leader and savior, yet Obama brought back our dying economy, saved hundreds of thousands of jobs and is said to have achieved very little.

I've heard Republicans say Obama has been a horrible president, yet the man has brought grace, intelligence, pride, and honor back to an United States that desperately needed these virtues after an horrific Bush and Cheney era.

I don't understand my fellow Americans. I am at a loss. I go around these days saying, "I don't understand." I say it so often that I am probably beginning to piss people off. I don't care anymore. Trump pisses me off. His Twitter fingers piss me off. His facial expressions piss me off. Need I go on? Honestly, I don't understand how or why intelligent people did not research fact from fiction. Why they didn't care that Trump lied nearly 70% of the time compared to Hillary's 17%. What's going on in this country? Who are we? Where are we headed?

Some people, not my friends, are telling me to let it go, but I can't because I just don't understand.
© Natala Orobello

No comments: