Wednesday, February 8, 2017

A Nightmare







Last night I dreamed a war had begun
I dreamed dust and clouds around the sun.
My family was with me, weeping in fear as
we packed our bags for higher ground.

Traffic was heavy so travel was slow
we talked of the past and of tomorrow.
It seemed our horizon was dim at best
our climb to the mountain a survival test.



We passed by cars with signs for TRUMP
Inside passengers were crying, ENOUGH!
Airplanes flew toward foreign seas
as missiles exploded on yonder trees.

We had voted for a GREATER tomorrow
yet we were given infinite sorrow.


My dream made me cry but not for me
it made me cry for the uncertainty -
of where we are and where we will go.

I wept for my children and their children too
I  wept for decisions made by emotional fools
who believed the fallacies of the Devil's tool.
© Natala Orobello

No comments: